Why we need ozonized water?
What makes ozone this effective is its high oxidation potential. Ozone is about five times more oxidizing than oxygen and about twice as oxidizing as chlorine. Ozone has a well-documented kill rate of microorganisms such as fungus, bacteria and viruses.
Pure water and disinfection processes are essential in the food and the quality of the water determines the quality of the product. The challenge is to ensure a consistently high water quality to ensure a consistent product quality. With ozone the natural taste and smell of the water is preserved. Chemical free disinfection of process equipment is another challenge, where ozone is an efficient alternative. The Kona ozone system provides a cost effective and reliable solution to water challenges in your household and commercial facilities.
With ozonized water
By washing under ozonized water for a few seconds you can:
- Kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses on contact. These include all common food pathogens: E. coli, Salmonella, Hepatitis-A, Legionella, Listeria and Shigella as ozone is FDA approved for direct food contact application.
- Clean Multi Food Surfaces including Fresh Fruit, Salads and Vegetables, Sea Food, Meats.
- Keep produce and food ingredients fresh for up to three times longer by killing the micro- organisms that cause food spoilage, hence delaying the molding and decaying processes.
- Remove agricultural chemical residues and pesticides from vegetables and fruits.
- Remove chlorine residues and its unpleasant taste from tap water.
- Eliminate the use of hot water and conventional sanitizers, hence saving on daily operational costs.